Tuesday, January 04, 2011

A good start...

... is half the work, or so the old Irish proverb goes (Tosach maith, leath no hoibre).  I should print it out and have it framed and put up where I can see it everyday!  I love being in the development phase of something and I eventually get to the finishing part, but starting something new isn't really in my comfort zone.

Never mind.  It's the beginning of a new year, the traditional time for beginning new endeavours so I'll grit my teeth, put aside my desire for perfectionism and my fears of not getting everything right and just so, and take the plunge into the world of blogging.

Because there are a few things I'd like to chronicle.  For starters, there's the ups and downs of the great villa reno.  A little over a year since we bought it, there's lots to do and all going to plan, 2011 will be a busy year on that front.  There's also my thoughts and ideas on living a stylish life.  For as long as I can remember, I've been collecting images, articles and other snippets that define and refine my version of what stylish living is and what it looks like.  I'm looking forward to sharing those.  Then there's just plain, old life and my musings on it.  Three years ago, himself and I moved to Auckland from our homeland on the far side of the globe and the adventure continues.

So there.  I'm not sure it's a good start but it's a start.  Time perhaps to click the 'Publish' tab.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...