Thursday, February 10, 2011

In praise of: White Vinegar

I can't fully explain the satisfaction I get from finding new uses for things like white vinegar or baking soda.  Does it come from some warped desire to be thrifty?  (Warped in that I'll put the couple of bucks saving towards the cost of,oh let's say a woolly accessory with a four figure price tag - yes, I'm still lusting after the Hermes blanket!) Maybe it's because I like the idea of being Green and sustainable and embracing the whole Eco-Chic movement?  Or perhaps I'm attracted to a more simple way of life, a time when there weren't whole supermarket aisles offering an overwhelming array of detergents and cleaning sprays and fresheners...  The latest and most fantastic use I've discovered for white vinegar is as rinse aid for the dishwasher.  The glasses come out so sparkly, it makes my heart sing a little!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...