Not sure why exactly. I wouldn't use them much for the reason they were originally invented - slipping on after a night clubbing (apparently you can buy them from vending machines in night clubs in the UK, Ireland, Ibiza and Australia). I can well recall the agony of wearing too tight/high stilettos on a night out and then resorting to bare feet walking home or on the quest for a taxi (shudder). But I rarely find myself in that situation nowadays - and that's not just because taxis are far easier to come by in Auckland than they were in my glory days in Cork, Dublin or London!
|Images vis Rollasole.com|
On the website they also suggest the following uses for your rollasoles:
- Commuting - hop on the train or jump on the bus
- Driving- pop them on and put your foot down
- Shopping - slip off your heels and hit the shops
- Travelling - check in, kick back and take off
- Weddings & Special Occasions - make it the last dance in comfort
"Himself" and I are heading to the homeland for a month in the not too distant future so I thought these might be pretty cool to have on the plane (surely much cooler than anything Air NZ will provide). In any case at AU$20, indulging this little whimsy of mine won't break the bank! Check out rollasoles here.